Akan’s main objective is to contribute to the prevention and solving of alcohol, drug and gambling problems in Norwegian enterprises.
The work is based on human consideration and concern for social, economical, medical and safety conditions in the field of work.
According to Akan’s statutes, the aim is to:
- Prevent alcohol and drug problems in Norwegian enterprises.
- Develop methods for early intervention and enable employers and employees to take action.
- Provide help and assistance for employees that have already developed a substance, or alcohol problem.
Through our work and activities, Akan aims at qualifying employees and employers for constructive collaboration when encountering the challenges of alcohol and drug problems in the workplace.
We can offer the following services:
Training and educating
We arrange courses and conferences for employers and employees, aiming to:
- Motivate and advise enterprises in the process of establishing their own written policy on alcohol, drugs and gambling.
- Distribute knowledge on how to deal with alcohol, drug and gambling problems in the work place.
- Inform about the possible consequences of alcohol, drug and gambling abuse in the workplace.
We provide counsel to enterprises and trade unions with regard to the establishment and adjustment of Akan at their workplace, and on general or specific substance abuse problems.
We produce and distribute relevant information on the topic of working environment, organisation of the Akan-system in the enterprises and on alcohol, drug and gambling problems related to the workplace.